Monday, February 27, 2012

An Exciting New Release

 
Explorer: The Mystery Boxes


Expected publication: March 1st 2012 by Amulet Books

Amazon Blurb:
Seven clever stories answer one simple question: what’s in the box?

Funny, fantastic, spooky, and suspenseful, each of these unique and beautifully illustrated short graphic works revolves around a central theme: a mysterious box and the marvels—or mayhem—inside. Artists include middle school favorites Kazu Kibuishi, Raina Telgemeier (Smile), and Dave Roman (Astronaut Academy), as well as Jason Caffoe, Stuart Livingston, Johane Matte, Rad Sechrist (all contributors to the groundbreaking comics anthology series Flight), and upcoming artist Emily Carroll.

This is a fantastic compilation of short graphic novel stories, put together by eight top comic creators. Seven different stories and fabulous color graphics will keep middle grade readers engaged for hours. Both my 10-year-old son and 7-year-old daughter LOVED it. In fact, I had to steal it from my daughter in order to write this post.

My son's favorite thing about these stories was the endings. He told me he loved the way they kept the mystery alive, even at the end, and then insisted on reading three of the endings to me. Both kids loved the recurring theme of the mystery boxes in every story. I love the graphics.

I highly recommend picking up a copy of this one. It's scheduled to be released this Thursday!


8 comments:

  1. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this sounds great! I'll be looking for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two of my nephews have birthdays coming up and this looks like a great book they'll enjoy. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, adding to my to read list now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds awesome. Kids love graphic novels.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! Will for sure check this one out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never even considered the possibility of a graphic short story, but now that I do, it sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW. This one sounds so cool! Most definitely will be checking it out. Thanks for getting it on our radar, Shannon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for adding to the mayhem!